You’ve been planning for months and maybe even years. How do you keep your cool when it comes to it and you’ve woken up feeling like it’s Christmas morning? I’ve been around on a few wedding mornings including my own and here’s my run down on 5 ways to have a stress free wedding morning beautifully demonstrated by the gorgeous wedding of Elani & Derek in Melbourne.
- Know Your Team: Book in trials with your hair and makeup people and make sure you are happy with their personality as well as their makeup skills. Having you makeup done is a highly personal thing you will want to enjoy that person’s company on such an important event. Chat to your photographer in person before you book them you will be spending alot of time with them on your wedding day. Make sure you feel a connection with your event planner you are going to want to make sure they have your back. All of these things will help you feel more at ease on the morning of your big day. You will want to be looked after not worrying about tiny details. Know your team and never be shy of telling them your expectations this is your wedding day and as a wedding professional I want to know that you are confident in my skills but also that we are going to have fun together.
- You do you: Break from the norm if you want to. This is your wedding day and no one else’s. If you want to do a first look like the gorgeous Elani & Derek break from tradition and do it. I think you’ll agree these chosen moments will be what makes memories for you and your partner. When it comes to your makeup if you want smokey eyes with a statement lip. Yes! Lets do it…It may not be the tradition idea of wedding makeup but who cares? I want you to be ecstatic with how you look when you walk down that aisle.
- Take Your Time: You get to call the shots here. Have your hair and makeup team arrive early to get you all ready in plenty of time. Pop on your favourite playlist, have the champers chilling, arrange some food to come to your room to make sure everyone has eaten. Ask one of your bridal party to keep an eye on keeping the room tidy so you can get ready in a clutter free environment.
- Have Your People With You: You can’t do it all on your own, well you probably can but why should you?! Have the people around that you know you need to make you feel comfortable. Even if they aren’t in your bridal party invite them to come get ready with you. Make up your own rules. Call your partner for some reassurance if you want to I still remember the conversation I had with my husband on our wedding morning I loved hearing his voice and his stories of the fun they had all had the night before.
- Enjoy Every Minute: Our brains have a habit of filling in the gaps for us so the chances are that in 10 years time the things you might have thought were crazy important on your wedding morning probably weren’t. Take it all in and enjoy every single moment as thats when the best memories are made.
What are your tips for a stress free wedding morning? Have you got a go to method for keeping your calm in a stressful situation? It’s important to remember that sometimes the butterflies we feel is just our body giving us the push to get something done. Sometimes we attach negative feelings to it but really its simple biology. Try to use those feeling to your advantage.